Are you unsatisfied with your nose’s appearance? Do you desire to enhance the aesthetic appeal of your nose? At Redefine plastic surgery clinic in Hyderabad, Dr Harikiran Chekuri can help improve the appearance and functionality of your nose with procedures like Alarplasty and Tip Plasty. He often performs these procedures with rhinoplasty in Hyderabad to achieve harmonious facial features…
Chemical Peel Treatment in Hyderabad
Everyone wants flawless skin to look beautiful and be admired all the time. But with time we face skin problems such as wrinkles, dark spots, acne, and many more. Fortunately, these days there are many techniques to get flawless skin and shine bright always and chemical peel is one of the methods.
Are you looking for a Chemical Peel Treatment in Hyderabad? Please visit Redefine Hair Transplant & Plastic Surgery Center, a state-of-the-art aesthetic treatment clinic, to avail the best chemical peeling treatment in Hyderabad.
A chemical peel also referred to as derma peeling or chemexfoliation, reveals the younger skin underneath by removing the outer layers of the skin with a chemical solution. A chemical peel treatment in Hyderabad can minimize or improve scars, acne, uneven skin tone, fine lines, wrinkles, and other imperfections of the skin.
Enhance your skin’s radiance with a personalized chemical peel
Book an Appointment Now!
What is a chemical peel?
A chemical peel is a technique for enhancing the look of the skin, usually on the face, neck, and hands. The skin is exposed to a chemical solution, which causes exfoliation and finally peels the outer, older layer of the skin off. The chemical solutions used include AHA (alpha-hydroxy acid), TCA (Trichloroacetic acid), glycolic acid, lactic acid, salicylic acid, or carbolic acid (phenol).
A chemical peel removes fine lines under the eyes and from around the neck, reduces wrinkles that are caused by aging and sun damage, removes mild scars, treats many types of acne, and also reduces freckles, aging spots, and dark spots caused due to birth control pills and pregnancy.
The newly grown skin is typically smoother and finer, with fewer wrinkles than the old skin. Additionally, the new skin will be slightly brighter and have a more even skin tone. The new skin will be temporarily slightly more sensitive to sunlight.
The chemical peel you choose depends on your objectives. Different chemical mixtures produce different outcomes. Your dermatologist will discuss this with you before deciding the depth of your peel.
Types of chemical peels
Chemical peels come in three different categories:
- Superficial, light, or lunchtime peel: In this procedure, only the outer layer of the skin is gently exfoliated with AHA (alpha-hydroxy acid) or TCA (trichloroacetic acid), or a similar mild acid. The procedure is used to enhance the appearance of the face, neck, chest, or hands and to reduce the look of mild skin pigmentation and rough skin.
- Medium peel: Glycolic or TCA (trichloroacetic acid) is used to penetrate and eliminate damaged skin cells from the outer and middle layers of the skin. The procedure improves fine lines, wrinkles, freckles, age spots, and mild skin discoloration. It can also smooth out rough skin and be used to cure certain pre-cancerous growths, such as actinic keratosis.
- Deep peel: The chemical solutions used in this treatment include TCA (Trichloroacetic acid), glycolic acid, lactic acid, salicylic acid, or carbolic acid (phenol). The solution is administered to remove damaged skin cells from the middle layer of the skin. The procedure removes small scars, freckles, age spots, and mild lines. The appearance of the skin will dramatically improve for patients. The face is the only body area where the technique is employed and can only be performed once.
If you are seeking a skin treatment that is both secure and efficient and will significantly improve your appearance, please speak with the highly-experienced aesthetic specialist Dr. Harikiran Chekuri.
How much does a chemical peel cost in Hyderabad?
The chemical peel cost in Hyderabad depends on various factors, including the part of the body that needs the treatment, the severity of the condition, the type of chemical peel treatment in Hyderabad used, and which clinic you choose to get it done.
A chemical peel typically costs between ₹1500 – ₹5500 per session. If you are considering getting a safe and cost-effective chemical treatment done in Hyderabad, please consult Dr. Harikiran Chekuri to assess your condition and the treatment cost.
BOOK AN APPOINTMENT
Benefits Of Skin Chemical Peel Treatment
Dr. Harikiran Chekuri, Founder of Redefine Hair Transplant & Plastic Surgery Center and a renowned Plastic Surgeon in Hyderabad, has utilized chemical peels on his patients to improve various conditions, including:
- Acne: It might make acne less severe. Your skin will be scrubbed clean with an AHA or BHA (alpha or beta hydroxy acid) during a lunchtime (light) chemical peel treatment. When applied in a series of sessions, these peels can reduce minor to moderately severe acne and give you the flawless complexion you have always desired.
- Fine lines: They aid in minimizing fine lines by eliminating the top layer of dead skin cells and revealing smoother, younger-looking skin. The highly-skilled plastic surgeon in Hyderabad, Dr. Harikiran Chekuri, will decide on the type of chemical peel treatment (light, medium, or deep), depending on your cosmetic objectives.
- Scars: The appearance of scars can be improved by it. Surface acne and possibly minor scarring can both be treated with moderate chemical peels. Severe scars may require a deep peel or an alternative procedure to improve their appearance.
- Pigmentation disorders: It can treat problems with pigment. Hyperpigmentation, age spots, freckles, melasma, and other pigmentation issues can be effectively treated with chemical peels. Your face, neck, hands, and chest may benefit from its use if you have pigmentation there.
- Sun damage: Many people are unaware that exposure to UV radiation is one of the leading causes of early aging. Fortunately, chemical peels can assist in repairing and undoing UV damage to your hands, neck, and face. It is essential to apply sunscreen every day to retain the effects of your therapy.
- Dull Complexion: A chemical peel will not only treat your skin issues but also encourage the development of new, healthy skin. Your skin will look and feel healthier and better overall and have a lovely glow.
- Rosacea: An inflammatory skin disorder called rosacea produces swelling, redness, and red bumps on the skin. Acne rosacea is the name given if it also results in outbreaks that resemble acne. A chemical peel may occasionally be able to help with mild to moderate rosacea.
- Pre-cancerous growths: Rough skin patches called actinic keratoses are brought on by years of exposure to the sun. They are called pre-cancerous growths because skin cancer could develop from them. These growths can be removed with a deep chemical peel, lowering your chance of developing skin cancer.
The eminent plastic and hair transplant surgeon, Dr. Harikiran Chekuri, adds that chemical peels also increase the potential of skin care products by eliminating the top layer of your skin’s dead cells. He explains that removing dead skin cells will enable your skin care products to seep deeper into your new uncovered layer of skin and work with optimum effect.
Book an Appointment to know more about Chemical Peel Treatment in Hyderabad
Side effects of chemical peels
After a chemical peel treatment, your skin will get a bit more sensitive to the sun, so you must use a protective ointment as your skin heals.
As with any treatment, chemical peels also have a few side effects; they may differ depending on the type of chemical peel used.
Superficial, light, or lunchtime peel: Your skin may feel a little dry and irritated after a gentle chemical peel. You can usually apply makeup the next day and carry on with your regular skincare routines, like cleansing and moisturizing. Your skin will probably require 1 – 7 days to recover completely.
Medium peel: Common side effects of a medium peel include redness, swelling, and some stinging. You should be able to wear makeup within 5 – 7 days safely. Usually, the healing process takes 7 – 14 days. However, you might have mild redness for several months.
Deep peel: Common side effects of a deep peel include intense redness, swelling, and crusting. The swelling may last up to 14 days, while it may take up to 3 months for the redness to disappear.
Your skin may require up to 14 days to grow back. You will need to take pain medication and wear a surgical covering throughout this period. Once your new skin has grown, you should be able to start wearing makeup again.
In very rare cases, deep chemical peels have been linked to more severe complications and side effects, including:
- delayed healing
- reactivation of herpes simplex virus
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Chemical peels help in improving several conditions, including acne, acne scars, fine lines, age spots, wrinkles, crow’s feet, hyperpigmentation, melasma, sagging skin, sun-damaged skin, etc.
Patients with light hair and fair skin typically make viable choices for chemical peels. Darker skin may yield positive outcomes depending on the problem being addressed. But following the operation, you can also be more prone to have uneven skin tone.
You will see the effects as soon as your skin has healed. For a light or lunchtime peel, healing takes 1 day; for a deep peel, it may take 14 days or longer. It could take 3 – 5 peels to achieve the desired effects from a light peel.
Due to our skin aging continually, most results are not long-lasting. You may keep noticing new spots and growths on your skin if you have a lot of sun-damaged skin or actinic keratosis (pre-cancerous skin growths).
You can repeat light and medium chemical peels to sustain your results. How frequently you can receive a repeat treatment will depend on your dermatologist. However, you can have only one deep peel treatment.
The jawline is frequently regarded as the base of an alluring face and is a key element that frames your face. It can drastically alter one’s appearance. Lack of symmetry or definition in the jawline might make someone self-conscious and unsatisfied with their look. This perceived imperfection can result in a poor body image, impacting…
Lip permanent makeup vs. Lip Reduction Surgery Not happy with the looks of your lips? Wish to change the size of your lips? Consult Dr. Harikiran Chekuri of REDEFINE, Hair Transplant and Plastic Surgery Centre in Hyderabad. Lip permanent makeup vs. Lip Reduction Surgery Lip reduction surgery, also called Cheiloplasty, is a surgery carried out…