Benefits of PRP Hair Loss Treatment
Hair loss is a distressing event. It may not start all at once, but it can gradually escalate to the point where you will find yourself cleaning up your bathroom drain every time you shower because of all the hair collected there. There are a variety of causes, ranging from heredity to stress to, in certain cases, COVID.
Dr.Harikiran Chekuri, the founder of Redefine Hair Transplant & Plastic Surgery Center in Hyderabad and an eminent hair transplant surgeon, says that hair loss is not simply an aesthetic concern; it can also have a negative influence on your mental health.
There are several hair treatments to counteract hair loss, such as FUE transplant, Mesotherapy hair treatment, Scalp micro pigmentation, etc.
Read on to learn about a relatively new and advanced procedure – PRP hair treatment.
What is PRP hair treatment?
Platelet-rich plasma is made up of two components: plasma, which is the liquid component of blood, and platelets, which are a group of blood cells that aid in wound healing. Platelets are known for their excellent clotting properties, but they also include growth factors that induce tissue regeneration and healing in the targeted area. Platelet-rich plasma is blood with a higher concentration of platelets than normal.
To make platelet-rich plasma, the specialists take your blood sample and place it in a centrifuge, which vigorously spins the sample, concentrating the platelets within the plasma and separate from the other parts of the blood.
Who is a good candidate for PRP hair therapy?
Although PRP for hair treatments can benefit a wide range of patients with various hair loss-related disorders, a few groups have been examined more extensively and have shown the most positive and effective results.
- Those who have androgenic alopecia, which is male/female pattern baldness. Women can also suffer from hair loss, which can be treated the same way as males.
- Those who have recently experienced hair loss. The longer you have had this condition, the less likely such treatment will be effective, but it may still have some positive outcomes.
If you are not found to be a good candidate for PRP hair treatment, do not worry; Dr. Harikiran Chekuri will assess your condition and recommend the best hair loss treatment suitable for you.
How does the PRP therapy work?
In the PRP therapy, the platelet-rich plasma is injected and administered into your scalp to mend the impacted areas and promote reparative cells with the help of growth factors. Growth factors aid in producing molecules such as collagen, which is also utilized in anti-aging serums.
As a result, you will start noticing signs of hair regrowth. You will not have to worry about harsh chemical additives because it is an all-natural formula.
What are the benefits of PRP?
The PRP technique requires multiple doses. It is a course of injections given over several weeks and repeated across several months, so you will see changes as the treatment progresses. The following are some things you may notice:
- Your hair may grow thicker and denser in the regions being treated.
- You may begin to notice a reversal in the appearance of the thinning and balding areas.
- Your hairline that had been receding may start filling in.
- It is a safe procedure and does not involve any cuts or incisions.
- The outcome is more natural due to your own platelets being used.
- As the troubled areas appear to replenish, your self-confidence will progressively grow.
Even if it seems too fantastic to be true, you should start believing it. The findings suggest that PRP therapy can, in fact, do everything it claims.
Click this link to read the case study of our patient Mr. Vikram who went for the PRP hair treatment under the skillful hands of Dr.Harikiran Chekuri, a top-notch skin and hair surgeon in Hyderabad.
How can I have a positive outcome from PRP hair therapy?
Although there is no certainty that you will be a good candidate for this treatment, you should consult with a dermatologist to see if PRP therapy is correct for you. If you are deemed a good candidate for this procedure, you should strictly adhere to the following steps:
- 3 PRP injections during a 4 to 6 week period
- Maintenance injections every 4 to 6 months as recommended by the hair surgeon
If you keep these meetings and stick to the procedure, you should see some positive outcomes that will help in restoring your confidence and happiness.
Please note that PRP must be performed by a licensed and board-certified specialist.
Why choose Dr.Harikiran Chekuri?
- Dr. Harikiran Chekuri is among the preferred surgeons in Hyderabad when it comes to treatments involving skin and hair. With over 14 years of expertise, Dr. Harikiran Chekuri is highly acclaimed and respected for his safe and reliable methods using the most sophisticated and advanced techniques and equipment.
- Dr. Harikiran Chekuri can provide a variety of topical and other creative ways to help prevent your hair thinning and help you to restore healthy, thicker hair.
- He founded Redefine Hair Transplant & Plastic Surgery Center, a state-of-the-art facility with the aim of using his knowledge and skills to transform the lives of his patients.
Healthy hair is an indicator of good health, and while hair density is not the only indicator of health, losing hair can feel like you are losing your identity and self-confidence.
Injections of platelet-rich plasma (PRP) are becoming increasingly popular for various ailments, from sports injuries to hair loss. If you have lost your hair’s luster and are tired of trying a variety of alternative treatments, PRP can provide amazing results.
Dr. Harikiran Chekuri, an extremely skilled hair specialist in Hyderabad, points out that hair transplants work best when your donor hair follicles are still healthy.
If you or a loved one is frustrated and pained by hair thinning and hair loss, please do not hesitate to contact us at the earliest to get optimum results.