Scalp micropigmentation (SMP) is an advanced and innovative cosmetic treatment for hair loss and thinning.
This non-invasive concealing technique, also called hair tattoo, uses medical-grade, permanent inks to place tiny, layered dots on the scalp to create an illusion of thicker, fuller hair in people with scalp visibility, thinning hair, and donor area insufficiency.
Scalp micropigmentation is a less expensive option than hair transplant surgery and is suitable for men and women experiencing different degrees of hair loss.
More and more people are opting for scalp micropigmentation with hair treatment in India as it can assist you in getting the desired look right away, whether you are trying to add more density to thinning hair, conceal scarring, or create a buzz-cut appearance.
You can visit Redefine Hair Transplant & Plastic Surgery Center if you are searching for a trusted clinic for scalp micropigmentation in Hyderabad.
Our experienced hair transplant surgeons are experts in surgical and non-surgical hair restoration techniques. They will help you decide whether you are a good candidate for this technique. Further, they will customize a treatment plan according to your expectations and needs.
Who can undergo scalp micropigmentation?
Scalp micropigmentation is an ideal procedure for people with the following concerns:
- Hair loss due to hormonal imbalance
- Scalp visibility
- Thinning hair
- Receding hairline
- Bald patches
- Scalp scars or birthmarks
- Hair loss due to chemotherapy
- Alopecia areata
Additionally, people who want to conceal scars from injury, previous hair transplant, or a neurosurgical procedure choose it. Dr. Harikiran Chekuri, an acclaimed surgeon for hair transplant in Hyderabad and the founder of Redefine Hair Transplant & Plastic Surgery Center, often combines SMP with a hair transplant to obtain the best results.
Read on to learn how the procedure is done with pre and post care details.
- Wash your hair before the procedure with a gentle shampoo.
- Refrain from consuming alcohol 24 hours before the procedure.
- Stop taking blood thinners according to your doctor’s instructions.
- Avoid sun exposure before and after the treatment for a week.
Prior to scalp micropigmentation
- Before beginning the procedure, your doctor will mark the treatment area.
- If you have a receding hairline or are bald, your doctor will design a hairline with inputs from you depending on your age, facial features, and head shape.
- Then they will choose the pigments that match your hair color.
- Finally, the doctor will apply a numbing agent, so you do not feel any pain. Basically, this procedure is less painful than getting a tattoo, as the needles used are smaller and thinner.
Procedure for scalp micropigmentation
Your doctor injects medical-grade pigment with a needle into the desired scalp locations. The dots vary in size, angle, and depth to give the look of natural hair.
Depending on the size of the treatment area, your procedure could last up to five hours. Most patients require three or more treatments spaced out over several weeks. More pigment is added at each session to provide the appearance of thick hair.
At Redefine, our hair experts recommend scalp micropigmentation with hair treatment in India for an aesthetically pleasing outcome.
Instructions for improved and lasting results:
- Avoid touching or scrubbing the treated area.
- Do not go out in direct sunlight for at least a week.
- Wash your hair after three days using a gentle shampoo.
- Keep away from saunas, heavy exercise, steam rooms, and swimming for a week, or as your doctor advises.
- Do not wear helmets for a long duration.
- Contact your doctor if you experience itchiness, pain, or bumps on your scalp.
What are the complications of scalp micropigmentation?
The main risk associated with scalp micropigmentation is undergoing the treatment under an inexperienced or unlicensed practitioner, who might not follow the essential safety precautions.
Other risks include:
- Infection due to unsterilized needles
- Allergic reaction to pigments
- Unpleasing and unnatural results
You can easily avoid all these complications by choosing a licensed scalp micropigmentation expert who regularly performs the procedure and is experienced in it.
Check out their reviews for a better understanding. Also, discuss any allergies you have with your SMP expert in advance.
What are the key features of scalp micropigmentation?
Generates the illusion of density
Scalp micropigmentation is an excellent alternative for people with low hair density and scalp visibility. It colors the scalp like a tattoo by injecting pigments under the skin, which lessens the contrast between the skin and hair and instantly adds density and perceived volume.
It is possible to conceal baldness, whether a small patch or a completely bald scalp, by creating the illusion of hair follicles on the head using SMP.
Some men who have already undergone a hair transplant using more traditional techniques like FUT have a linear scar on the back of the head that is hard to hide in a short hairstyle. Scalp micropigmentation aids in scar camouflage in such circumstances.
Works well with hair transplant
During a hair transplant, when the donor area is insufficient to produce the ideal density, SMP creates a denser appearance that mixes in with existing hair and looks very natural.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you do scalp micropigmentation with hair?
For scalp micropigmentation, you do not have to shave your head. The SMP expert will fill the spaces around the thinning spots to provide denser-looking hair.
Can you grow hair with micropigmentation?
There is no difference in your normal hair growth after scalp micropigmentation. It is not a remedy for hair loss. It will neither harm your current hair follicles nor contribute to hair loss.
Do you have to shave your head for scalp micropigmentation?
Some SMP professionals ask clients to shave their hair to 0 or 1, as it allows easier application. However, shaving is not required if the client only wants to enhance the density of their hair, which is thinning.
Will I regret scalp micropigmentation?
Generally, people do not regret getting this treatment done as it gives an illusion of fuller hair and is a cost-effective treatment with instant results.
Does micropigmentation look fake?
No, it does not look fake. On the contrary, it seems extremely real if done properly by an expert professional.